Eligibility & Application Information
CaliforniaKids provides low cost primary health care coverage for uninsured children ages 2 through 18 (including undocumented and emancipated youth). This program has limited availability. Call the number below for more information.
Who is eligible?
- Children 2 through 18 who are not eligible for full-scope, No-Cost Medi-Cal or other state assistance programs for health care, such as Healthy Families, or who cannot afford private insurance.
- Children 2 through 18: up to 250% FPL ($50,000 for a family of four)
- Foster children 18-19: up to 300% FPL ($60,000 for a family of four)
- No citizenship requirements
- Children may be enrolled in California Children’s Services for specialty care and be eligible for CaliforniaKids for basic outpatient services.
- Families are not required to provide social security numbers or immigration status information.
What are the benefits?
- Comprehensive preventive and primary care coverage: medical office visits, dental and vision care, prescription drugs, mental health services, needed lab tests, and 24 hour access to advice nurses by phone.
- Hospitalizations and major surgery are not covered.
How much does it cost?
- $15/child per month, with a maximum fee of $45/family per month.
- Co-payments ranging from $5-$25 are required at the time services are rendered.
- $25 one time application fee per family.
- Call 818-755-9700 to have a mail-in application sent to you or for a list of providers in your area.
- You may also apply at places around the community such as child care centers, clinics, schools, group homes, and other child-serving organizations. Please visit the website for more information.